Sunday, September 12, 2010

It's been a while - a quick recap of summer finds

It's been quite a while since my last post. I had a busy spring and summer but now that my eBay business is growing, I hope to post on a regular basis.

Fall is upon us and we are seeing the signs here in the great Northeast with several changes - the leaves turning color, the temperature cooling down and the biggest one for me - the unfortunate end of garage sales :(

A fairly obvious way of sourcing deals & bargains is garage sales. Most people have them in their local towns & cities, but in locations that have cold winters, they usually only happen during the warmer months. Finding a garage sale is usually not an issue, it's finding the "find" that requires persistence, knowledge and the art of negotiation.

I did have some great scores in the past few months and I would like to share some of my garage / estate sale highlights from the 2010 summer and what they sold for on eBay. Hopefully this can give you some ideas on what to look for when you are out on your treasure hunt!

Photobucket
*1st edition, 11th printing of Alcoholics Anonymous book - paid $0.25, sold for $360 (here is a link to that completed listing.)

*Villeroy & Boch Design Naif Fine China Set - paid $25 for 20 pieces, sold for $275+

*Royal Staffordshire Clarice Cliff China Set - paid $10 for 16 pieces, sold for $156

*Warner signed rhinestone pink Cat face brooch - paid $2, sold for $46.55

*Weiss signed rhinestone AB blue green brooch - paid $2, sold for $70.99

And the list goes on! Those were just from garage sales - and there are lots of more avenues in which to source. I'll write about those in future posts.

I have recently received several questions about "how to garage sale". In my next post, I'll include my short how to article on the secrets of garage sailing - stay tuned!

See all our eBay listings here - or click our logo below!

Photobucket